Does anyone really like doing laundry? Maybe there’s a handful of folks out there who love to spend their time sorting dirty clothes, waiting for them to wash and dry, ironing them, folding them, and putting them away. But for the rest of us? Yeah, laundry could be a lot more fun.
So, as an early Christmas present from Morris County Appliance Repair, here are some clothes dryer hacks to try next time you’re doing a load. They’ll make laundry less of a chore. You’re welcome!
Little-Known Dryer Tricks to Make Laundry Easier
- Tin foil balls: Ball up a few sheets of tin foil and put them in the dryer with your clothes during the winter. They will reduce static cling!
- Tennis balls: When you’re drying pillows, blankets, puffy coats, and similar items, add a few tennis balls to your dryer and run the load as usual. The tennis balls will fluff your items as they dry.
- Dry towel: To speed up the drying process for wet clothes, put an already dry bath towel in there with them. It will absorb moisture and reduce the overall drying time.
- Ice cube: Need to de-wrinkle a shirt or pair of pants, but hate ironing? Toss the clothing item(s) into the dryer, along with an ice cube and dryer sheet, for 10 minutes. The ice cube will produce steam to release wrinkles, while the dryer sheet freshens up the scent.
- Pool noodle: Wedge a pool noodle or foam pipe insulation into the gap between your dryer and the wall. This way, small, loose items (like socks) won’t fall into the gap and get lost forever.
And there you have it! Let us know which of these you’ve tried.